5 tips for shopping for Bridesmaid Dresses
June 01st. 2017
Now you Have found your perfect dress, its time to start another gown shopping journey – the quest for the perfect bridesmaid dresses. No Matter your wedding style or size of your bridal party, we have narrowed down everything you need to know to find the right dresses for your girls.
Here at Lilac Rose Bridal we have combined 5 tips & tricks to bear in mind when looking for your bridesmaids dress and to make finding the perfect ones a breeze..
1. Take a look at your own dress. Think about your wedding dress and overall style of your wedding. Is it classic,modern, or maybe vintage? Your bridesmaid dresses should fit into the vibe. If you’re wearing a flowy, bohemian lace dress then you maids might look out of sorts in formal taffeta dresses. Your bridesmaids dresses should always compliment your wedding dress.
2. Think seriously about the color. Don’t expect everyone to cast a bronze glow. Blush & Taupe are hot bridesmaid colors right now but don’t suit everyone’s skin tones, make sure the dress color flatters all. Keep hair color in mind too if your choosing something unique as it could clash with a redhead, for example. You can work a two-color palette to please everyone also, like pink and a darker coral.
3. Consider the season and time of day. The date of the wedding is a big factor in your decor – Fall tones for October, Peonies & spring colors in May. The time of day also matters. Black dresses could be perfect for November, but a little forced for an outdoor ceremony Mid-May.
4. Be flexible (to a point). Most Bridesmaids would like to have some input on what their wearing. but too many opinions can make the whole process miserable. Look for brands that offer similar dresses with different necklines, for example, You can pick the color & fabric and then each girl can decide the style most flattering on her body type.
5. Remember, its your day. Don’t succumb to pressure to make everyone happy – its impossible. You should keep an open mind and be understanding, but your bridesmaids are there to support you and should (ideally) work with your vision.