Wedding Planning Timeline
May 08th. 2017
Wedding Planning Timeline
Imagining your wedding day is easy! Your dream wedding dress is probably screenshot on your phone! Most of us have been envisioning our dream wedding day since we were little. If you are like 99% of most brides, your wedding is planned on your Pinterest ‘I do!’ board. While establishing your ideas for your wedding theme is the fun part, putting them into motion is the overwhelming part. Here at Lilac Rose Bridal, we have put together a Wedding Planning Timeline so that you can know the basic order of wedding planning events!
12 Months Before
- Visit & book reception venue for your wedding day
- Book ceremony location for your wedding day
- Research potential wedding suppliers – photographer, florists, music, hair & make-up, cake & décor.
- Start dress wedding shopping if you haven’t already done so.
- Decide on entertainment you want for ceremony, drinks reception and dancing.
- Book photographer.
- Book videographer.
- Send save the dates (mainly if you’re getting married abroad)
- Book ceremony music & band and DJ for wedding reception.
- Research and reserve accommodation for wedding guests.
- Source décor hire companies for renting anything extra for ceremony/reception – chairs, tables, tents, trees, lanterns.
- Book honeymoon.
- Order wedding cake
- Book groomsman suits
- Book per-marriage course.
8 months before
- Check passport is in date.
- start planning hens & stags
6 months before
- choose bridesmaids dresses
- choose and order wedding stationary & invitations.
- Attend per-marriage counseling
- Meet florist to sort flowers.
- Shop for groom’s suit
- Organize invitations & service booklets
- Arrange travel vaccination’s if needed for honeymoon
- Get addresses for guest lists for RSVP
- Send invitations to guests for wedding
- Order wedding rings for wedding
- Rent men’s formal wear for men’s wedding suits
- Attend dress fittings for wedding dress
- Organize parents gifts for wedding day
- Make up and hair trial
- Have final dress fitting
- Make last minute adjustments with suppliers
- Finalist details for mass booklets
- Sort order of ceremony
- Review RSVP list and call any outstanding guests
- Do a ‘Must-have’ shot list for photographer & videographer
- Give venue final guest head count
- Table plan
- Print place-cards
- Call all wedding suppliers to confirm arrangements
- Get manicure, waxing and all your preening prep
- Pack overnight bag for reception
- Pack for honeymoon
- Organize money to be paid to all suppliers on the wedding day
- Make last minute changes to table plan
- Groom – final fitting & pick up your formal wear
- Groom – all your groomsman outfits collected
- Confirm pick up time for wedding cars
- Drop off place-cards, table decor and table plan to reception coordinator
- Ensure cake is on track to be delivered
- Rehearse with your full wedding party